Recover your Account
If you forgot your password, deleted your app, lost your phone or can't access your account, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period.
What is account recovery?
Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into account when you no longer have access to your account. For security reasons, it might take several days or longer before you can use your account again. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it's important so that we can keep your account and information safe.
Things to Remember
- An account needs at least 1 recovery contact to be recovered
- If an account has more than one recovery contact, the majority of them are needed to approve the recovery
- A seed phrase is not needed for recovery
- A network fee is paid for the recovery transaction (CANDIDE does not benefit from this)
How to start an account recovery process
- Download CANDIDE app again, and tap "I already have an account"
- Paste the public address of the account you need to recover and set a new password
- You will be shown a screen to share with steps to share with your recovery contact
- Communicate this information to your recovery contact in-person or by phone, making sure to share:
- The security website: https://security.candidewallet.com
- The emojis set displayed on your phone
- Your public address of the account you want to recover
You can follow next how the process will look like for your recovery contact. If you added yourself as a recovery contact, this guide is also for you.
Check the status of your request
At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available.